Based on Art. 69, Bayerisches Personalvertretungsgesetz (BayPVG)*, the staff council has to achieve the following major tasks:
- They apply for measures that attend the agency and its members
- They have to take care that laws, acts, labour agreements, establishment agreements and administrative instructions that affect in favour of the staff are executed.
- They have to receive suggestions and complaints employees make and to negotiate with the head of administration if the complaints and suggestions seem legitimate.
- They have to work on the integration of disabled persons and of other persons in need of protection, especially elderly people and have to arrange for them to find work adequate to their abilities and knowledge; the represantative body for disabled persons has to be heared before a decision is made.
- They have to apply for measures to foster the promotion of disabled persons; the represantative body for disabled persons has to be heared before a decision is made.
- They have towards the integration of foreign employees and to support understanding between them and their german collegues.
- They have to work with youth represantations to support the interests of younger collegues.
- They have to take care of gender equality in cases of appointment, employment, apprenticeship, advanced training, further training and career advancement.