Music and Health
The University of Music Würzburg attaches a great deal of significance to musicians’ health and music medicine in the education of instrumentalists and singers. Well-being in both body and mind are pre-requisites for the development of musical potential, the successful completion of studies and the practice of the music profession.
The field of Music & Health at our University provides:
- the sensitizing of our students to the health aspects of playing instruments and singing
- the relaying of physiological and psychological relationships in musical learning
- the strengthening of one’s own resources
- the prevention of physical and psychological overload
- the individual care applied to the medical complaints of musicians, music physiological questions or psychological pressures
Students are professionally accompanied through aspects of music medicine, training methods and body pedagogy. In addition, recognized relaxation techniques and methods of performance training are conveyed. These techniques and methods are taught in physiologically-psychologically oriented seminars, courses and individual instruction dealing with practical exercises for the body, as well as through individual medical and psychological consultation.
According to need, health mentoring can be extended to sessions with doctors and therapists in the music medicine network in Würzburg and the region.
Basic seminar: Fit for Music: Introduction to Music Physiology and Musicians’ Health
Advanced course: Music Physiological Practice
Seminar / practical exercise: Overcoming Stress – Perform with Confidence
In addition students can take advantage of the offerings of Alexander Technique, Akido, Feldenkrais, Free Breathing – Free Tone and Yoga.
Music medicine consultation hours
Speech therapy consultation hours
For appointments and further information, refer to the Student Catalogue and the Website.