- Form "Application for Admission to the Entrance Examination" (Anmeldung zur Eignungsprüfung/Eignungsverfahren der Hochschule für Musik Würzburg, currently only available in German)
- Copy of the valid identity card or passport
- Copy of the school graduation certificate
- Proof of payment of the €30.00 application fee for the examination via bank account statement, transfer confirmation or cash payment slip
- biometric passport photo
- For applicants who will not have turned 16 by October 1st of the application year: Please submit a document from the responsible party confirming that you are no longer required to attend school.
- Applicants from the People's Republic of China: original certificate from the academic testing center (Akademische Prüfstelle) of the German embassy in Beijing confirming the authenticity of the certificates.
- Proof of a university degree with the main subject grade of "very good" in the same instrument
- A letter of recommendation from the teacher with whom you wish to study at HfM Würzburg.
All applicants will go through a pre-selection process before being invited to the qualification procedure. You must include a portfolio (CV, artist photo, repertoire list, list of concert activities and (if applicable) reviews, references to recordings and homepage) and an uncut video lasting approx. 20 minutes along with your application. In the video, the applicant must be clearly identifiable and, in the case of keyboard instruments, the keyboard must be visible.
Exception: Meisterklasse in composition
All applicants will go through a pre-selection process before being invited to the qualification procedure. You must include several scores and recordings of performances of your own works.
The qualification procedure will take place at the University between the end of May and the end of June. The exact requirements can be found in the SEPEV (Statues on the Entrance Examinations and Qualification Procedures at the University of Music Würzburg, currently only available in German) and on our overview page for the contents of the entrance examinations and aptitude tests.
You will be informed by mail whether you have successfully passed the qualification procedure. In the letter, we will ask you to accept your spot at our university by a certain deadline. If you do not accept your spot by the deadline, your application will not be considered.
Once you have enrolled at the end of September (see the exact dates on the University website), you will then be a student of the University of Music Würzburg starting on 1st October.
The University bank account must have received the application fee of €30.00 by the application deadline (31st of March).
Tip: Transfer the money at least four weeks before the application deadline. This usually ensures that we receive the money on time. When transferring money internationally, please note that the transfer sometimes takes a long time.
Recipient: Bundesbank Regensburg für HfM WÜ
IBAN: DE08 7500 0000 0074 3015 40
BIC / Swift: MARKDEF1750 Bundesbank Regensburg
Memo – 1st Line: 1563014/7032/06020
Memo – 2nd Line: Gebühr EP last name, first name
- Foreign applicants also need a certificate of German language proficiency of at least level B1 of the CEFR.
- The requirement for proof of language proficiency may be waivered if you have already studied for at least two years at a higher education institution in a German-speaking European nation. If this is the case, please enclose a letter requesting this waiver in your application.
- Sorry, we cannot accept certificates of participation in language courses that do not end in an official test.
Please see the additional information on our page Registration.