The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) supports international concert and choir trips by groups of German students and trips to Germany by groups of international students. In addition to conducting concerts at German or foreign universities (preferably together with students from the respective host institution), the establishment and maintenance of partnerships between German and foreign universities is an important objective for funding. In addition, the exchange of knowledge during these visits at partner institutions as well as the contact between German and international students, musicians, and musicologists should play a central role. Last but not least, the concert tour is intended to provide insight into the cultural and political life of the respective host country.
Under the funding programme, groups between 5 and 50 students and doctoral candidates who are properly enrolled at a German university or university abroad, can apply for funding for a concert or choir trip. The group may also consist of participants from several universities. In addition, a faculty member may accompany the group.
The grant includes a travel and transportation allowance per day and per participant. The funding covers a maximum of 12 days (incl. day of arrival and departure).
The funding amounts to
- €30 per day for concert and choir trips of German students to EU countries as well as to Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Switzerland or Turkey
- €45 per day for concert and choir trips of German students to all other countries
- €50 per day for concert and choir trips to Germany by foreign students
The following application documents must be submitted by a university faculty member at a German university via the DAAD online portal :
- Project application (complete online in the DAAD portal)
- Financing plan (complete online in the DAAD portal)
- Project description “Concert and Choir Tours”
- Expected list of participants
- Informal schedule (incl. accompanying programme)
- Proof of contact to the foreign university
- Two sample recordings in MP3 format (by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org) and on CD (by mail to Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst, Referat P 14 – Mobilitäts- und Betreuungsprogramme, Kennedyallee 50, 53175 Bonn)
The application deadline is 1 April 2020 for travel between 1 July and 31 December 2020 or 1 September 2020 for travel between 1 January and 20 June 2021.
Important: Only applications submitted in full and on time will be considered. Applications are selected by an external selection committee within two months after the application deadline.
If you are interested in a concert or choir trip abroad or to the University of Music Wuerzburg, please contact the IO. The team is happy to support you in organising your project and is available as a contact for all aspects of DAAD funding!