The Jerusalem Academy of Music and Dance (JAMD) has been a partner university of the University of Music Wuerzburg since March 2013. The contact to the Israeli university was established by Zvi Plesser, a faculty member at JAMD, who taught cello and chamber music as a guest lecturer at the University of Music Wuerzburg during the academic year 2013/2014. His teaching residency was made possible by the DAAD.
As part of the cooperation with JAMD, study visits for one or two semesters as well as short-term stays for teaching purposes (e.g. for projects or masterclasses) or joint artistic and musicological projects (e.g. by student groups of both universities) are possible.
Winter semester: October to February
Summer semester: March to July
Languages of instruction: English, Hebrew
The following application documents must be submitted to the International Office:
- Completed application form (download right)
- CD/DVD/link with about 15 minutes of music (at least 3 different styles)
- Curriculum vitae (in English)
- Letter of motivation (in English)
- Transcript of Records (in English)
- Letter of recommendation from the principal instrument teacher (in English)
- Proof of language skills in English or Hebrew (at least B2 CEFR)
The application deadline is the 31 January of each year for both semesters of the coming academic year.