German and international students, who are regularly enrolled at the University of Music Wuerzburg, can apply for an internal university scholarship. Only students, who have already completed their first semester of studies at the University of Music Wuerzburg, are eligible to apply. They must demonstrate financial need and exceptional talent. Applicants prove their need by stating their personal financial circumstances and those of their parents in the application form and by providing documentation (e.g. account statements of their parents, their own account statements, tax returns of their parents). Exceptional talent must also be confirmed in a letter of recommendation from the principal instrument teacher.
Funding in the form of internal university scholarships includes
- for students with German citizenship: study grant for studies outside the ERASMUS+ area in the form of a monthly partial scholarship
- for international students (not exchange students): study grant for studying at the University of Music Wuerzburg in the form of a monthly partial scholarship
In addition, students of the University of Music Wuerzburg can apply for a one-time stipend of up to €500.00 for the purchase of books, scores and other teaching and learning materials from the Oskar-Karl-ForsterFoundation. The prerequisite for this is BAföG eligibility.
The following application documents must be submitted to the secretary of Vice President AD Hummel (office H 011):
- Application form for internal university scholarships or application form for Oskar-Karl-Forster Foundation scholarships (download right)
- Certificate of enrolment
- Letter of recommendation from the principal instrument teacher
- Copy of your own bank statement showing the account movements of the past 2 months
- Proof of the parents’ income
- Official decision of the BAföG office (only for applications to the Oskar-Karl-Forster Foundation)
The application deadline is the end of April for the current summer semester and the end of November for the current winter semester.
Postings and more detailed information on the application and awarding of internal university scholarships can be found on the university website.