Prof. Hubert Winter
Hubert Winter was born in 1966. He studied in Würzburg with Leszek Zadlo and Chris Beier, completed postgraduate studies in New York at the New School with George Garzone and Reggie Workman. He also continued his education with Dave Liebman, Jerry Bergonzi, Bob Mintzer, Billy Harper, Phil Markowitz, Pete Yelli.
Prizes and awards:
- 1st prize at the International Competition of the DeutscheTalentbörse.
- Promotion Award of the Bavarian Jazz Institute LAG Jazz in Bayern e.V.
- Scholarship of the Berklee College of Music, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
- Nomination for the Südwestfunk Jazz Award
- Scholarship of the DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service)
- Cultural Award of the City of Nuremberg in connection with the Sunday Night Orchestra Bavarian Art Promotion Award as soloist
- Bavarian Art Promotion Award as a member of the Sunday Night Orchestra
- Wolfram-von-Eschenbach Prize as a member of the Sunday Night Orchestra
- Nomination for the German Record Critics' Award
- Lecturer for jazz saxophone at the Hochschule für Musik Nuremberg since 1999,
- at the Sing- und Musikschule Würzburg since 1998
- Lecturer for jazz saxophone, jazz harmony and combo at the University of Music Würzburg since 2011
- Contribution to 25 CD album productions as leader: Hubert Winter Quartet: Round About Piazzolla (Mons Records); Hubert Winter Quartet: Saga Lydis (Acoustic Music Records); Hubert Winter & Michael Wollny: Different Kinds of Stories (ArtPur Records); Hubert Winter Quartet: Live in Sweden (Tonmeister Musikverlag).
- Concerts and Recordings: With Julian Arguelles, Richie Beirach, Randy Brecker, Cameron Brown, Steve Davis, Bill Elgart, Antonio Farao, Roberto Di Gioia, Martin Gjakonovski, Dusko Goykovich, Wolfgang Haffner, Tim Hagans, Allan Jones, Sheila Jordan, Bert Joris, Tony Lakatos, Karl Latham, John Lee, Jim McNeely, Adrian Mears, Al Porcino, Larry Porter, Ack van Royen, Maria Schneider, Janusz Stefanski, Marco Tamburini, Dejan Terzic, Frantisek Uhlir, Emil Viklicky, Nils Wogram, Michael Wollny and many others.orchestras: Sunday Night Orchestra, Bobby Burgess Big Band Explosion, HR-Big Band, Glenn Miller Orchestra, Thilo Wolf Big Band, Summit Jazz Orchestra, Jazzfactory Orchestra, Siemens Big Band, Bamberg Symphony Orchestra, Nuremberg Symphony Orchestra, Nuremberg Philharmonic Orchestra, Ensemble Kontraste etc.
- concert tours abroad: Canada, Sweden, India, Czech Republic, Croatia, Switzerland, France, Austria, Netherlands, USA, Great Britain, Poland
- Other: Founding member of the Sunday Night Orchestra, which has been performing regularly once a month in Nuremberg since 1994
- film music compositions on behalf of the Bavarian Broadcasting Company
- numerous radio and TV productions